The great enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps
our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy
and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty.'' Helen Keller.
- Appreciate what you have. – If we counted our blessings instead of our money, we would all be a lot richer. Happiness is there if you want it to be. You just have to see that it’s wrapped in beauty and hidden delicately between the seconds of your life. If you never stop for a minute to notice, you might miss it.
- Focus on things that truly matter. – The simple fact that you are even here, alive, on this planet is a divine miracle, and you should not spend the time you have being busy, being miserable. Every moment you get is a gift, so stop focusing on unhappy things, and spend your moments on things that truly matter to your heart.
- Define your own meaning of life, and pursue it. – What is the meaning of life? Whatever you want it to be. Don’t fear failure; fear a lifetime of mediocrity due to lack of effort and commitment. There are so many people out there who will tell you that you CAN’T. What you need to do is turn around and say, ''Watch me!''
- Embrace life’s challenges. – You may think that taking a detour in life is a waste of time and energy, but you can also see the detour as a means of learning more about who you are and where you are heading in your life. Being off the beaten path may be disorienting and confusing at times, yet it challenges your creative spirit to discover new ways to build a stronger YOU. In the end, it’s usually the tough situations that feel like your tomb that actually become your cocoon. Hang in there. You’re coming out of this stronger and wiser.
- Find the balance that allows you to be who you truly are. – Your worst battle is between what you know and what you feel. One of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make is when to stay put and try harder or when to just take your memories and move on. Sometimes you have to step outside of the person you’ve been, and remember the person you were meant to be, the person you are capable of being, and the person you truly are.
- Love your body enough to take care of it. – You’re beautiful; but keep in mind that not everyone is going to see that. Never be ashamed of yourself because you are born into one skin. You can scar it, stretch it, burn it, mark it, tan it, and peel it. But you are always in it, so you might as well take care of it and learn to love it.
- Limit your time with negative people. – You can’t make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable. So protect your spirit and potential from contamination by limiting your time with negative people.